Tuesday 27 August 2013

A little beauty Q&A

I thought as this is my first proper beauty related post, I'd do a little fun Q&A to get things started.
 
·What’s your favourite eye shadow colour to wear?
Neutral browns and sometimes a burgundy in the crease, at the moment my favourites are the MUA Heaven and Earth Palette.

·What’s the one product you wouldn’t leave your house without?
Lip balm, I get extremely chapped lips whether it be summer or winter, so I get really wound up if I accidentally forget it.
 
·What’s your favourite makeup look ?
 My favourite makeup is my go-to winter look- a creamy white shimmery eye shadow with light pink cheeks and a natural lip... I just think it looks nice when it's all snowy!
 
·Which feature do you play up the most?
My eyes, I have quite large very green eyes so I like to make the most of them.
 
·Which feature do you try to downplay/cover up?
Urm, probably my skin... that sounds weird, but I get acne quite badly so I do like my concealer and foundation!
 
·Your favourite makeup brand, if you could pick only ONE to exist?
I would say MAC, however because it's so expensive, I could never afford to buy variations of makeup for different looks from them... so I'd have to say Maybelline as they're the only drugstore brand that do base makeup pale enough for my skin!
 
·Which product have you re-purchased OVER and OVER again?
My AVON hair mist, it's like a leave in conditioner and makes my hair look and smell so nice!
 
·Which product would you NEVER repurchase again and why?
The Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation... don't get me wrong I love the formulation of this, but the lightest colour is way too dark for me. Also, the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, again, love the product but it breaks me out, which is a shame because it was lovely to use :(
 
·One beauty treatment you would always PAY to have done?
Eyebrow waxing... I'm not too good at shaping my eyebrows, so I like to have them shaped around twice to three times a year, and then I can keep on top of them for a while.
 
·One beauty treatment you would NEVER pay to have done?
A leg wax... I can do that myself in the comfort of my own home.
 
·One beauty trick you can share with everyone?
Urm... one would be that Germolene, Sudocreme and Savlon are really good for banishing spots as they don't dry your skin out, don't create oils, and they're antiseptic so they kill all the germs and bad bacteria in your spot... which in turn kills the spot! It's great used with an anti-redness treatment as it doesn't really help with redness, but it does calm inflammation.
 
·Best advice you've ever been given regarding beauty and makeup?
To use a primer. Up until a few months ago I had never even heard of a primer, and now my new purchase of ThatGal by Benefit is my saviour. It makes my skin look a lot better, even before foundation!
 
So there's my little Q&A, if anyone has any suggestions for more beauty related posts then please leave me a comment!
Lots of Love,
Katie xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment