Wednesday 28 August 2013

Along Came Betty Hot Cloth Cleanser: Review

So I mentioned in my beauty Q&A that I wouldn't repurchase the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser, yes this sounds absurd and is probably controversial as everybody loves this cleanser. However, with extremely dry and sensitive skin, having mild acne, psoriasis and eczema, this product just didn't work for me, however I did like the way a hot cloth cleanser works, so I went on the hunt for a different one, and found this:
  
The bottle and cloth come in the box.
 
So I was casually browsing the shelves in Tesco and came across this. The price of this cleanser is usually £3.49 and was on sale for £2.33.Yes it was extremely cheap, but I'm not afraid of cheap skincare as long as the ingredients look good- and these do. This cleanser has Shea butter, cocoa butter and antioxidant cranberry.  I'm not over keen on the packaging, however I prefer the tube to a bottle as I just think it's easier to use all of the product up, and as it was cheap I can't really complain.
 
The smell of this cleanser is absolutely divine. It has a fresh sent, but isn't too sweet, or fruity, and is definitely not overpowering. It doesn't leave a sent on your face after it's washed off, and the smell is completely natural. The smell comes from the Shea butter, cocoa butter and cranberries, and the mix of the sweet cocoa butter, fresh Shea butter and fruity cranberries creates a near perfect sent. The reason why I'm raving about the smell is because it makes it soothing enough for night time and doesn't wake you up like the Neutrogena passion fruit face washes, but at the same time it is still nice and refreshing for the morning- good, as I like to stick to one cleanser for the morning and night.
 
Photo of product itself.
 
The consistency of the cleanser is beautiful. It is very creamy, and almost like a moisturiser, and this makes it perfect for my dry skin. It doesn't foam up which is good because soap suds and foam on dry skin doesn't help a lot. I'd probably stay away from this if you have oily skin, as I think it would be too moisture rich for you. It's lovely to wipe away and makes cleansing really easy.
 
However, I'm not a massive fan of the muslin cloth that comes with this as it stains quite easily, looses it's shape and isn't the softest one I've tried- but again, for £2.33 with a cleanser and muslin cloth, I can't complain- I'll just be using a softer muslin cloth. Another thing is that it says to avoid the eyes, and it does sting if it gets in. I still use it to remove my eye makeup, but I have to be extremely light handed and careful... not great when you're in a rush and you then have a bright red eye... but that's just me being too lazy to use a separate eye makeup remover...
 
Overall, I love this cleanser- it takes off my makeup, cleans my skin, and, as the name would suggest, does clean out my pores. I haven't seen a difference in the size of my pores yet, but I wouldn't expect it this early on. However my skin does look a lot brighter and feel much more hydrated, so thanks to this brand "Along Came Betty", which I believe was launched in March this year, for this really good product. The rest of their range looked extremely intriguing so I can't wait to try more out!

Link to the full range: http://www.tesco.com/direct/search-results/results.page?icid=spiffy_along%20came%20betty_spf_along%20came%20betty&catId=4294967294&searchquery=along+came+betty&SrchId=4294967294&_requestid=2307579#

Direct buy link: http://www.tesco.com/direct/along-came-betty-skin-cleansing-kit-porefectly-clean-100ml/420-8161.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=420-8161
 
Lots Of Love,
Katie xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment